Grab your paddle and head to our Peace Pavilion for a game of pickleball!
Starting in April, the Peace Pavilion will have a pickleball court available to the public on Wednesdays from 10 am to 4 pm for a minimal donation.
- Church members only between 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM
- Public use by reservation on Wednesdays between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM
- Restrooms and Kitchen open 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM Wednesdays
- Non-members provide their own paddles and balls
The 5 Basic Rules of Pickleball
Pickleball is a fun and popular sport that is easy to learn and can be played by people of all ages and skill levels. To play the game, there are five basic rules that you need to follow.
- The ball must stay within the boundaries of the court.
- Each team is allowed to hit the ball only once before it bounces on their side of the net.
- The serve must be made from behind the baseline.
- The server cannot hit the ball into the no-volley zone
- Finally, the game can be won by reaching 11, 15, or 21 points, depending on the agreed-upon format.
Benefits of Pickleball
Pickleball is not only fun, but it can also improve your health. As a racket sport, it can help boost your cardiovascular health, which in turn reduces the risk of hypertension, stroke, and heart attack. Unlike some other sports, pickleball is easier on your joints and muscles, making it an excellent choice for individuals looking for a good workout without putting too much strain on their bodies.
- Recommended donations for non-members are $3.00 per hour for individuals or $10.00 per hour for group use.
- Waivers, available on-site, are required for non-members in order to use the Peace Pickleball Court.
- Due to the limited space (one court), we encourage doubles play
- The kitchen will be available Wednesdays. The kitchen includes a sink, cabinet & counter space, refrigerator, 2 microwaves, and electrical outlets.
- Email Gary Schaeffer at email@example.com or 267-517-1616 (text preferred) to make a reservation.
- Walk-on use is welcome if the court is not already reserved.
- Other days and times may be made available by special request.
The Pavilion at Peace is situated in the rural Tohickon Valley in Bucks County just off Route 313.
- Quakertown ~ 6 miles
- Sellersville ~4.9 miles
- Perkasie ~3.5 miles
- Dublin ~3.5 miles